IntimaLase® is a unique, patent-pending Er:YAG laser therapy for incisionless, non-invasive photothermal tightening of the vaginal canal. Clinical studies have shown that IntimaLase is an efficient, easy-to-perform, and safe procedure.
The indication for IntimaLase is vaginal relaxation syndrome, which is the loss of the optimum structural form of the vagina. This condition is generally associated with overstretching of the vaginal canal during childbirth as well as with natural aging.
Abstracts of published scientific studies examining the effectiveness and safety of Fotona SMOOTH® laser therapy in gynecology can be found in the following Compendium of Clinical Studies.
How does IntimaLase® work?
- Fotona’s 2940 nm Er:YAG non-ablative laser with proprietary “Smooth-mode” technology thermally affects the vaginal tissue, stimulating collagen remodeling and the synthesis of new collagen fibers in the vaginal mucosa tissue and collagen-rich endopelvic fascia.
- The final result of collagen neogenesis and remodeling is tightening of the vaginal canal.
Unique advantages of IntimaLase® for your patients
As a non-ablative, minimally invasive procedure with Er:YAG, IntimaLase™ also represents a safer, faster and more patient-friendly solution that avoids the undesirable complications present with other vaginal tightening methods.
Clinical results show a tightened vaginal canal, greater sexual satisfaction and significant improvement in a patient’s quality of life.
Usually two sessions are recommended. No special pre-op preparation or post-op precautions are necessary. Patients can immediately return to their normal everyday activities.
Exceptional clinical results
The latest scientific results (see the Library tab) clearly show great improvements in vaginal tightness and sexual gratification.
- 95% assessed the change of their vaginal tightness as strongly or moderately improved after IntimaLase treatment.
- Average shrinkage of vaginal canal after IntimaLase treatment was 17%.
- High level of patient satisfaction (97%).
Clinical results prove that the fast and easy-to-perform IntimaLase treatment is an effective, non-invasive procedure with no undesired side effects or contraindications.
Getting started with IntimaLase®
Training in IntimaLase is provided through the Laser and Health Academy* as a stand-alone training workshop under the guidance of experts in medical laser technology. The extensive workshop, where participants engage in live demonstrations and gain an in-depth understanding of laser physics and laser-tissue interaction, will provide the needed insight into the fundamentals of the IntimaLase treatment and other procedures that can be performed with this special Er:YAG laser system.
IntimaLase® and other aesthetic gynecology treatments can be performed with the following Fotona laser systems:
- The FotonaSmooth SP multi-application laser system from Fotona provides a single, uniquely capable gynecology solution that combines the power of the industry’s highest performance Er:YAG, Nd:YAG and QCW* Nd:YAG lasers, ideal for treating all gynecological applications plus a wide range of other treatments in aesthetics, dermatology, and surgery.
- The FotonaSmooth XS Er:YAG laser offers the power and precision to perform an impressive range of non-contact, non-invasive gynecological procedures with greater patient comfort, reduced downtime and quicker healing. In addition to gynecology treatments, the FotonaSmooth XS is also a powerful skin rejuvenation solution, with functions ranging from superficial to deep peels, from non-ablative to fully ablative and from full-field to fractional resurfacing.
Both the FotonaSmooth SP and XS systems are equipped with a high performance VSP Er:YAG laser that ablates tissue efficiently and can be accurately tuned to varying “cold” ablation and non-ablative thermal ratios. Full customizability allows you to precisely attain the clinical outcomes your patients require.
The complementary Nd:YAG laser on FotonaSmooth SP systems penetrates deeply to create thermal effects without damaging the skin surface. Compared to conventional Nd:YAG technologies, Fotona’s proprietary VSP (Variable Square Pulse) technology creates virtually instantaneous temperature increases that are limited to the targeted structures only. No unnecessary energy is deposited into the tissue.
For more information, please feel free to contact us via WhatsApp (+60 14 261 8261) or the contact form below.